The piano is one of the classiest instruments that not many people are able to play properly. Although, Piano is neither a difficult instrument nor an easy one. The essence of piano lies in the constant practice of basic playing techniques and chords.
So, if you are in love with Piano and want to learn basics about playing it then this article will guide you in the best manner. Today we will discuss the top 10 tips and tricks for Piano Beginners which will help you to lay a strong foundation.
- Go gentle: If you are new to learning piano, a common mistake that you might do is to apply too much pressure while playing the keys. Gliding over the keys in a smooth and soft manner is the key to get the best results. Playing with a loose hand will help you to get to the key even on the extreme ends with ease.
- Train your ears: An aspect that no one can teach or train you other than yourself. Training your ears is one of the best ways to get into the feel of playing the piano. It will help you to recognize chords quickly and you will be able to understand the points of errors while playing.
- Practice tempo and rhythm: These are the two most crucial elements that every pianist has to master. It is normal that you will stumble across a few errors at the beginning of your learning days. You can improve the sense of maintaining a rhythm by playing simple chords at a steady pace.
- Learn the chords visually: Visual learning is the best way with which you can learn a variety of chords and notes. The reason behind choosing this method is that learning chord structure manually is not an easy job to do. So, all you have to do is to divide your music piece into sections and try to learn the chords of each section separately. Also, you can increase the benefit of this practice by doing it right before you go to your bed.
- Positioning your hand: Just like the position of our hand while we type on our keyboard, the hand placement on the piano plays a crucial role. It is advised that you should start playing a piece of music with your right hand and then follow it up with your left hand. Also, while learning tries to use the method of learning with separate hands to make sure that you grasp all the essentials thoroughly.
- Start correctly: One of the most common errors that you might do as a beginner is by choosing a hard music piece to practice in your rookie days. This is the time when a good tutor or some research on the internet will do the trick for you.
- Regular practice hours: Trust me, nothing beats the result of regular practice. If you are willing to dedicate 20 minutes in your fundamentals every day, there is nothing that can stop you from learning piano. Also, practicing fundamentals is a great learning and revision exercise.
- Go for accuracy: You might encounter a YouTube video where you get startled by the speed of a pianist. Now, you need to understand that speed is the secondary aspect of learning piano. The first thing that you should perfect is the level of accuracy.
- Practice Sight reading: It is normal for a Musician to get lost in the world of music but at the same time, it is important to be aware of your surroundings. This is where sight reading skills come into action. With this technique, you can make your way to several notes beforehand which will help you in playing a song fluently.
- Learn sections separately: Most of the song is played in a sectional manner. This means that you will find the entire chorus part with a set of 3 to 4 chords. So, learning music sections separately will help you to get the entire song weaved together without much difficulty.
So, these were the top 10 tips and tricks that you should follow religiously to make sure that your beginner days’ pay off fruitful.